Thursday, May 01, 2008

Final Score - Deer 1 Jeep 0

I would like to clarify for all of the people who think that Bambi's mother was killed in a forest fire. The sad but true story is that she was snuffed out on the front of my Jeep Cherokee last night.

If you have never seen a deer fly, it's actually quite impressive. It's quite a bit like the way Santa's reindeer are drawn in all of the Christmas books. I was half tempted, in that slow motion second of impact, to look for a tiny red sleigh tied to the ass end of the poor beastie. Unfortunately, the only gift I will likely receive will be a $500 deductible charge for repair of the damages.

(I believe that this is what it looked like)

There were no winners in this epic battle of machine vs. flesh. The Jeep has a crushed in front bumper and grill, and a leaking radiator. In driving past the point of impact on my way to work this morning it appeared that the deer didn't fair well either. Frankly it looked quite a bit like a crime scene. The only missing elements were the chalk outlines and the crime scene police tape. At least it didn't suffer... It was gone, so I assume it is being made into sausage somewhere.

We'll see if the insurance company decides that my 10 year old vehicle is worth repairing, or if they choose to let it retire. So much for the idea of no car payment.

-ND

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of a deer tick, but never a deer fly.

Anon.

EatAnts said...

Sounds a lot like being at an old Force n Motion gig...CRASH BOOM BASH

Anonymous said...

You don't need a car payment. I have a knack for finding $500 cars that run. Style is optional.

No mention of injuries (to you) so hope you're ok.

alicewonderland said...

What about the other jeep? How many red cars do you need? And weren't we just talking about this? Did this impact set off airbags?