Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Plateau...

I've reached a plateau and I'm frustrated.

If you are a regular reader you already know that I purchased a Fitbit and started walking. Most of the walking has been at the mall, but last Sunday was an unusually beautiful day for February and I walked 8.5 miles in my subdivision.

I'm motivated for success. M. is encouraging me, and I'm feeling great.

I'm not accustomed to exercise and dieting. I'm lucky I'm not gigantic considering my disdain of purposeful exertion. I never monitored calories, or turned down an offer of super-sizing. How I managed to avoid obesity I know not.

Suddenly I'm excited to exercise. I drink lots of water. I take the stairs. Who is this guy?

Now the bad news... I seem to have reached a plateau.

Because I have so little experience in exercise and healthy habits, I'm frustrated by my inability to crash through barriers. 

I have gotten good advice from my friends who are "fitness people". They say things like... stay the course... muscle weighs more than fat... mix your routine with cardio and strength training... bla bla bla... Yeah I get it. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Somehow, knowing that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I'll get there.

- ND

No comments: