Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snickers kissing backlash...


By now you have probably heard that Snickers has removed the Super Bowl commercials of two mechanics accidentally kissing from its website. This was prompted by pressure from gay and lesbian groups who felt that the commercials were anti-gay. Now... I saw these commercials, and I'm not sure that I would characterize them as anti-gay, if anything they are probably anti-mechanic.

I saw two guys working on a car, one guy opens a Snickers and the next thing you know the other guy is eating the other end. It was a beautiful, Lady and the Tramp kind of moment. Suddenly, when the mechanics realize that their lips have touched in a kiss like embrace, they freak out. The solution... "do something manly".

I wouldn't claim to know anything about either gays or mechanics, but I can tell you that I do know a little about eating a Snickers. I can tell you that if one of my friends or co-workers opens a Snickers and hangs it out of his mouth, my first thought is not eat the other end. My first thought is get a Snickers for myself.



I think people need to chill with all of this "I'm offended by this or that because I'm different and deserve your acceptance" crap. Look... your different already... we get it. You don't have to get sensitive about every little thing someone says because you find their words or actions offensive. The time has come for all of the fringe groups to find a sense of humor. They need to get it through their heads that making a big deal of nothing to illustrate the importance of their cause simply further alienates them from the mainstream. If you want to be accepted you must first learn to accept others.

With the possible exception of mechanics that is... their just weird.

- ND

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin Federline makes me itch in places I shouldn't need to scratch. Can I protest and have him removed from all media outlets?

Anonymous said...

I doubt that your issue is Federline.

I'd have that looked at by a professional ASAP.

GWOLADHWOOW!

Anonymous said...

"The difference between Snickers and shit is that shit has peanuts on the outside."

ANON.