Thursday, September 06, 2007

Selfless, Cold and Composed...

If you are wondering about the post title... well its a song title from Ben Folds Five. It happens to be a song that I have been listening to a lot lately. It really doesn't have anything to do with the post, but if you get the opportunity give it a listen.

While on the topic of music, I read that Pavarotti died today. I have a DVD with a sampling of the Three Tenors, and I get chills when I listen to Parvrotti's part in Nessun Dorma. I can't claim to be an opera fan, but I must admit that this is one of the most moving pieces of music I've ever experienced. Here is the same clip that I have on DVD from YouTube. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Enjoy -

- ND

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice song. What the hell was he saying again? I really wish they would translate that crap into English for us.

Anon.

Nabor Dan said...

For the non-Italian speaker...

English translation:

The Prince:

No one shall sleep! ... No one shall sleep! Even you, O Princess, in your cold room, watch the stars, that tremble with love and with hope. But my secret is hidden within me, my name no one shall know... No! ... No!... On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines. And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...

The Chorus of women:

No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.

The Prince:

Vanish, O night! Set, stars! Set, stars! At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

- ND

Translation from Wikipedia

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow gasoline and matches?

Anonymous said...

(Anon.)

Nabor Dan said...

With gas at the better part of $3 a gallon, I'm afraid I can't provide any. I do have matches.

- ND

Anonymous said...

I think the piece is breathtaking. Thanks for the translation.