Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Not much to say...

I haven't had much to say lately so I have intentionally neglected blogging for about a week. I started a post the other day, but I was having a couple of beers, and noticed that typing coherently was really difficult. I thought better of publishing the post as I was afraid that it would be an embarrassment.

I made a deal on a car on Monday. That makes me the owner of three vehicles. Two functional and one boat anchor. I really need to get the Mustang running again. It just sits collecting dust in my garage, and although it costs nothing to let it sit in that state, it's a bit disgraceful to have such a sweet car that is so neglected. I will have to get my neighbor interested in a little winter project.

The new vehicle, although not really new, is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. I decided to purchase it from my cousin after discussing it while on vacation at Lake of the Ozarks. It isn't as upscale as my current Cherokee, but I figured that it would keep me out of car payments for another couple of years. I'll have to get used to driving a manual transmission. I've never had a daily driver that wasn't an automatic, so we'll have to see what driving in rush hour traffic is like.

Here is a stock photo that looks remarkably like my new ride.


That's all for now. I hope to be inspired to write some more tonight.

- ND

5 comments:

alicewonderland said...

Really? You don't have much experience in driving a stick? It sucks in rush hour traffic, but sometimes I miss it.

Nabor Dan said...

Actually, I learned how to drive on a manual transmission. I just decided that an automatic would be less of a hassle in traffic situations, so I've never owned one as a primary vehicle.

I'm kind of looking froward to it. (insert special word to ensure that sentence doesn't end in preposition)


- ND

Anonymous said...

Nice truck. Charlie was looking at one just like it... Snap. Same damned truck.

I'm keeping my Alfa out of sight as it appears that you are hoarding red cars.

D.

Nabor Dan said...

The sepcial word is always....

A$$hole...

- ND

Nabor Dan said...

Sorry... drunk. The special word.

- ND