Friday, January 23, 2015

Readership...

Last night, a person I was with said... you haven't posted in days.

Initially I disagreed. I was sure it hadn't been days. I was confident it had been only yesterday that I had written something.  

I was wrong. Days had passed since I last wrote. 

So what do you do when you realize you have an audience? Post more? Post less? Create more meaningful posts? Become paralyzed with fear because someone is reading.

These are the concerns of a sometime blogger. If I write, will anyone read? If I write, should anyone read? If they read, what will they think? Should I care? Why don't they comment with their thoughts and engage in a dialog? Did I write something that would merit that?

Because of this I will continue to write. For what it's worth... I wrote this for the reader. The reader who noticed that I hadn't written. The person who decided to spend a few minutes of their personal time reading what I posted. The same person who then took the time to mention that I hadn't posted. 

This post is for you. Thanks for reading.

- ND

1 comment:

m said...

Write for the love of words-- capturing ideas and thoughts, commenting on the good and bad of the world.