Monday, December 18, 2006

Remembrance...

I am still in Chicago, but should be home by Tuesday. Many pictures have been collected depicting the life of my departed friend. Here is one of he and I in Canada. This was taken by his brother-in-law while we were returning from a portage between lakes.



I hope everyone is well...

- ND

PS - Notice the walking stick. He was very proud to have found the perfect stick to harvest from the local terrain. It was so revered in fact that there was discussion of taking it back to Chicago. It was returned to the states by one of the other fishermen who probably still has it in his possession.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monologue from Henry IV. (Of Falstaff on Falstaff.)

...and yet there is a virtuous man whom I have often noted in thy company, but I know not his name. A goodly portly man, i' faith, and a corpulent; of a cheerful look, a pleasing eye, and a most noble carriage; and, as I think, his age some fifty, or, by'r Lady, inclining to threescore; and now I remember me, his name is Falstaff. If that man should be lewdly given he deceiveth me; for, Harry, I see virtue in his looks. If then the tree may be known by the fruit, as the fruit by the tree, then, peremptorily I speak it, there is virtue in that Falstaff. Him keep with, the rest banish.

To Dave for his wit, his wisdom and the good he did the world. He had a bit of Falstaff, and a touch of the royal Harry.

Too short, but a life well lived.

Anon.