Friday, June 06, 2008

The hat makes the man...

I was told that a cowboy hat is necessary for the horse camping excursion and have acquired one. My friend Dave generously offered to provide one for me, but I decided that I'd find one and bring it along. Dave gave me "fair warning" that cowboy hats were invented long before airplanes and that they could be awkward and difficult to manage on the flight. I decided that preparation for the trip would be part of the whole experience, and that buying a hat was one of the high points of preparation.

So here is a picture of my choice. I got the brown version. I picked it up at Cabelas.



Dave commented on the Aussie style with the word... Eeewww. But I have come to understand that he is a stickler for detail, and only something that fits his old west image would have met with a positive response. I have yet to break it to him that this hat looked best with the assless chaps I intend to wear. (Thanks to Guy Fawlkes for breaking that story)

I like the way it looks, so for the moment I'm going with it.

- ND

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I keep thinkin is Kid Rock
Cowboy Baby
With the top let back and the sunshine shining
Cowboy Baby
West Coast chillin with the Boone's Wine
Ridin at night cause I sleep all day
Cowboy Baby
I can smell a pig from a mile away

Anonymous said...

Be careful. You don't want to end up "all hat, no cattle."

Anon.

Nabor Dan said...

I'll be sure to not go overboard with the western motif. I certainly can't, and wouldn't attempt, to claim any level of actual "cowboyness".

- ND

alicewonderland said...

Very Indiana if you ask me.
"Save a horse ride a cowboy!"

Forest Dance said...

Personally, I love the Aussie style. Yippekiyay!