Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Milestone...

I noticed today that the counter on the blog had turned 180 days since my hypnosis session and formal quit time. I almost missed that I had reached the milestone all ex smokers eventually reach... 6 months and counting.

The last 6 months have not been without temptation and some degree of failure. I wouldn't be truthful with you if I told you that I hadn't touched as a single smoke in the last 6 months. Honestly, that would be a total fabrication. I have, on occasion... and usually under the influence of legal intoxicants, succumbed to the temptation to smoke a cigarette. Please understand that this has not made me a smoker, but just continued to reinforce that quitting was a good idea. I still consider myself a non-smoker, and I don't intend to restart the habit.

That being said, I'm glad that the process of quitting has been as easy as it has been. I am still using replacement therapy including either a patch or nicotine lozenge daily. I really don't know if I need them or if they are just a crutch. I don't really care at this point as long as I continue not smoking. As the doctor said... the patch is a whole lot better for your health then smoking.

Well... that's it for now. I hope that in another 180 days I can write about the next major milestone being as unremarkable as the first. I assume that at some point it won't be about counting anymore. It will just be something that I look back at and wonder why I ever smoked in the first place.

- ND

PS - The $680ish saved so far is helping to finance my petroleum addiction.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Uncle Dan!
I am really proud of you for quitting smoking and the amount of money you have saved is INSANE! I hope you keep doing it! I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Emmy!
BTW? Do you have a youtube account?

Nabor Dan said...

I do have an account on YouTube, but I dont have a special page set up or anything. Why do you ask?

- ND

PS- Love you too.

PSS - Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

I'm chewing about 10 pieces of nicotine gum a day.

It seems to be working, although I'm at like 3 weeks.

Also, I'm not counting an occasional cigar.

Bro. Dave

alicewonderland said...

Cigars and pipes should be considered outside the non-smoking clause, because they smell better and make you look smart and sophisticated. ; )

Nabor Dan said...

I hear the word sophisticated in the voice of "The Ladies Man" character from SNL. Did anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to know... your welcome! Love ya!
Love,
Emmy

James Betts said...

Two words: Bacon Floss.

Google it.

Nabor Dan said...

OMG! Bacon floss...

I didn't have to google it. It's the damn funniest thing I've heard since I don't remember when...

Jim... You are a magnificant bastard. If only you would write a manefesto... you would have your first devoted follower.

- ND

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul wrote a manifesto. You can be his follower by signing up at www.campaignforliberty.com