Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pre-hypnosis post...

I'm headed out in a about an hour to get hypnotized, and I'm looking forward to it. I haven't quit smoking yet. I ran out of smokes earlier today, but have bummed a few from my smoking friends here at the office. With any luck, I've purchased my last pack.

There is so much of me that wants this to work. So much of me that thinks logically and knows that smoking is a silly waste of money and life. Yet I've been doing it so long that I have a hard time remembering what it is to be a non-smoker. It's like trying to remember what it was like being a child. You get glimpses, but it's not like you have a movie in your head that you can look back on. So I see myself as this, and can't remember not being this, and that's one of the hard parts mentally. I need to see myself as a non-smoker.

I'll either post something tonight, or tomorrow to tell you about the experience.

To all of the people that have offered their support... thanks. To everyone who suggested the Dr. get rid of all of my other bad habits while he's in my head... piss off.

Just kidding.

- ND

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you as a non-smoker and I'm the new one to the group. I would like to think of you as a non-smoker going forward. Check out the non-smoking links I sent you, especially the ones with the calculators so you can see how much money you don't burn away.

I haven't had much experience with this is in about, oh, say, 17 years or so but my big thing with smoking is kissing a smoker. If you are a smoker, it's no big deal to kiss a non-smoker. But for the non-smoker, kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. Even with all of the other arguments for quitting smoking, consider that you are opening yourself up to the 80% of American women who don't smoke. Those might be some good odds, beau-frere...

Bisou! (but on the cheek, at least until you're good and quit)

alicewonderland said...

How were the dreams?

Anonymous said...

In the aftermath of your first hypnosis session, you don't have an uncontrollable urge to run around in your underwear and cluck like a chicken . . . Do you??

Wait a minute!! You did that before hypnosis . . .

Never mind.

-ramsyk-